Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Now *This* Tugs at my Heart!

I found out about a new company, Makies.  I only heard of them a few moments ago, but felt strongly enough about them to make a point to call attention to them here.  Hopefully word will get out and travel across the web.

From their site (note that they are a British company):

Make the Doll of your Dreams!

Makies are totally customisable dolls that youcreate. Each one is guaranteed unique, and with an ever-growing range of accessories and looks, a Makie is a friend for life.

This is a concept that is long past due.  Get this: you can order a doll customized for your child's disability or that one a friend, or just in general to educate kids that not everyone is "perfect" like they see in most books and movies!!  I love, love, love this!
As I'm pretty sure I've mentioned on here, I had a service dog for about 18 months.  One of the customizations they show include a service dog, which is even customized to a specific dog.  Not only is this more "user-friendly" (dare I say) but it shows real kids - and not just as far as the obscenely impossible proportions on her.
At least take a quick look at this site.  The concept alone is amazing!  Maybe I'll ask for one for Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment