Monday, May 18, 2015

Question

For the few but faithful who read this blog:

I am a realistic person.  My life isn't of much interest to many and I've been pretty personal on this blog as opposed to the one about my critters.  I've been considering making this one public and posting my entries to Facebook.

Here's where you come in.  If this was your life, would you want this much information "out there?"  I know people can access it if they really want to... blah, blah, blah.  But I'm being serious here.  Have I put parts of myself out there that maybe shouldn't be?  Is this too personal?  Have I shared too much?  If my Mother reads it, would she be embarrassed that her friends who are on FB also see it?

It's a fine line.  As far as the mental illness is concerned, I'm not ashamed about it.  On the other hand, I don't want to go around with a sign around my neck telling the world.  If someone had diabetes or heart issues or any other illnesses for that matter, they wouldn't have the "scarlet letter" shown for all to see.

I really, truly want your opinions.

Thanks!

2 comments:

  1. Here is my true opinion, I personally won't link this to facebook. I think you are just asking for trouble. It is one of the reasons I have a blog so I can feel comfortable putting my feelings down without judgement by friends and family. If I want to share a certain post with friends, I usually send it thru my personal e-mail.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, J! I appreciate your honesty. Your thoughts are pretty much in the direction I'm leaning.

      Delete